Friday, January 20, 2006

Full steam ahead!

One thing that had been worrying me a bit was the cost of insuring this car once it was ready to go on the road. So I needed to find out if the project was even viable. I phone up HIC insurance
and asked them for a prospective quote for the following:
  • 1.8 16valve engine
  • 5 speed box
  • 256mm front discs
  • 30-50mm drop on performance suspension
  • Half Cage
  • Custom body work
  • Respray
  • Alloy Wheels
  • Stainless Exhaust
  • Retrimmed Interior
  • Sound installation
  • Full Closure CAT1 alarm
  • Estimated value £3000
Based on it being my second car with 5k/yr mileage they came back with a Classic Car quote of £313 fully comp! Needless to say I am very happy with this, considering the amount of mods that are going to be put on. Also he said that mods would be covered like for like. Also if your a member of the GTI owners club (which I will be by then) you get a 10% discount.

So with that hurdle well and truely jumped, I can start buying the bits I need to get it done!

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger twin--turbo said...

Yeeeeeee, HAAAWWWWWWw.

Time to get buying goodies,....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home